Monday, November 19, 2007

Archive #7 - Baby Got Back


One of my favorites:
Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Workin it


It's no surprise that I was "blessed" with a larger backside than some other white girls. I've always had it, always will and unless it gets to the point where I have to order an additional plane ticket to ride comfortably, I'm ok with it.

It is also no surprise that men (and women apparently) of some ethnic groups (hell, "even white boys got to shout") are particularly fond of a girl who's "got a motor in the back of her Honda."

Ever since I "became a woman" I have endured comments from men about the booty. Once when walking back to our ghetto hotel in New Orleans, a man screamed down the street "Dayum! You got a booty like a black girl!" Thanks.

Having that said, the following is what I had the pleasure of experiencing today:

For my internship I go to client's homes in predominantly African American neighborhoods mostly comprised of government-owned housing. Today I went to see a client. She was not home. On my way back to my car I walked by quite a few of the residents. They were men, women, babies, teenagers, etc. On the opposite side of the street was a woman walking and carrying her small baby. I hear:

"Work it girl!"

I ignore it. Surely no one is yelling at me. I look around.

"Work it girl!"

"What?"

"Work it girl!"

It's clear she's talking to me, now. I laugh.

"It's been a while since I seen a booty like dat on a white girl!"

I laugh again

"You work it girl, work it, work it, work it."

So I get back into my Honda, promptly turn off my workout tapes by Fonda and dial 1-900-MIX-A-LOT. Baby got back.

No comments: