Tuesday, June 10, 2008

NKOTB is back...

And they're almost 40.

Yet, somehow, still singing about the same stuff.



I have fond memories of birthday party "fashion shows" to the tunes of "Step by Step" and "Hanging Tough." I remember when they came to Jackson, MS and that some friends of mine got to go. I remember the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK sheets, sleeping bags, shirts, etc.
It's hard to believe they're back, in their late 30's, and still singing about girls in the summer.
I'm sorry but do 40 year olds still get summer? Do they get to lay at the beach with their honey with her body all "soakin' wet?"

Absolutely Bizarre.
Absolutely Amazing.

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

This is so embarrassing.

I am flabbergasted.

"I was like - hey girl, can I get your number..." Jordan, seriously dude. Bad, bad lyrics.

Orgy in the steamy party cabana, anyone?

But the best is when they strike a pose on beats 2 and 4 for about 8 measures in a row, in front of the sunset.

Or wait. Maybe the best is the dance routine at the end - all of them in white.

Hold on. Maybe I just loved the text that Donny sent at the beginning: "It's on." And Danny just happened to be running through the woods at that point, all ripped and Rambo-esque. But when he saw Donny's text, he was so there.

Rachel said...

As much as I used to obsess over these fine young men as a little girl something about this video screams CREEPY! It made me laugh out loud but at he same time I am slightly grossed out. Thanks for sharing it though. I hadn't seen it yet but heard alot about it.

Sarah Kate said...

The word "pedophile" comes to mind. The girls in the video weren't even born when NKOTB was big the first time around.

Unknown said...

Why are they still called NKOTB?! Shouldn't they be OKOTB or even OGOTB* by now?

*G=Guys or Geezers or whatever floats your boat :p.