Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So, Here's to You, Mrs. Robinson

Recently, after a long sweaty walk, I was driving out of the lot of the park adjacent to a skate park. There were young boys there, probably ages 13-17, wearing their skinny jeans with their too long hair. They were shirtless and sweaty...and very adolescent.

As I drove by, the boys attention turned away from their friend who has just arrived, to me. I thought nothing of it until I hear; "What up MILF?" (Note, please do not look at the link if you are easily offended. To ease your curiosity, it means Mom, I'd Like [to] F...).

My face turned a shade of red that the running and sun had not given it. Me? A MILF?
But I'm not even a Mom!

My thoughts raced from "He thinks I'm old enough to be a mom!" to "Oh My God!" and "Man, I must be getting older!"

Now, after some thought, I realize that this young boy has no knowledge of my maternal status nor if he'd even have a chance. All he knows is that I'm older than he...and I'm HOT!!!

Paul Simon knew what he was singing about.

1 comment:

Case and Los said...

Hey Sarah, I saw Annie's comment of you. I know her from Seattle, and am moving to TX this fall too. Where are you moving?