Sunday, May 25, 2008

Upgrade Me

The exciting conclusion to "A Girl and Her Diamonds."

Yesterday, you read the first segment of a beautiful story about A Girl (Me) and Her Diamonds. Well, it has been reduced to just the one diamond but that one diamond beats the other 4 diamonds any day. Hands (and neckline) down.

So, for the past year and a half I have sported my 1/4 carat diamond drop necklace. Affectionately, I call it my "Big Girl" diamond. It is MY diamond. No boys have contributed directly and it is a symbol of my independance, growth and to remind me how far I have come. I also consider it an investment.

The jeweler that I work with, despite the cheesy commercials, has been fantastic to work with. This is coming from a skeptic who does not enjoy being hassled. Other than the fact that they do not work on commission so I actually do feel like they have my interests in mind, they have a great Upgrade program. Basically, for the life of my diamond, I can always take it into Shane and they will give me the value of it as long as I spend at least a dollar more on the upgrade.

So, since I've had a helluva year, I decided that a great graduation present to myself would be an upgrade. So, here she is. Meet my latest "Big Girl" diamond. She's .52 carat and I will say looks FANTASTIC on.

Once again Beyonce, You Ain't got nuthin'.

"Mama let me upgrade ya"

No comments: