Saturday, January 26, 2008

Photo-Grapher

As you may or may not know, photography is one of my hobbies. I have always taken lots of photos but have only in the past few years attempted at making an art of it...complete with a photography class and a fancy digital camera.

When I am really on top of pursuing this particular hobby, I post photos on www.flickr.com. You can see some of them to the right AND if you click on it, you can see ALL of them. That's right folks, ALL of the Sarah Lindsey Photos that I choose to post for the internet to view.

Recently I received an email that THIS photo was selected on a short list of photos for a tourism site for New Orleans. St. Louis Cathedral


I was absolutely thrilled and agreed to have my photo used.

Today I received another email stating that yes, my photo had been chosen for Schmapp’s New Orleans site WITH my name on it. Yes folks, I’m published.

You can see the photo Here on the Schmapp website.


Another exciting addition to my photographic world is the arrival of: (Cue: Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely”)


Cleo the Canon











I introduce you to my brand new Canon Rebel EOS Digital Rebel XTi. I have faith that she will accompany me on many new adventures capturing them to the best of her abilities as a fancy schmancy pretty camera. (I mean, do you SEE that screen on the back?!?!) She’s amazing!




Unfortunately, because they don’t charge the batteries before they send them to you, she is currently charging and not able to perform as she was made to at this time. I assure you that as soon as she’s ready a new photo shoot will be posted ASAP.

Thanks to all of you that gave me Christmas money. Cleo and I will be very happy together.

As for Olympus, she will still remain a part of my life, she is just going into retirement…still up for the party occasionally but she’ll be mostly resting. She and I have had a good four year run.
So, out with the old, on with the FABULOUS!!! Keep checking for new Cleo photos. She'll be sure to impress.

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

You totally went with "Cleo"! LOVE IT!

The New Orleans picture = fantastic. You are seriously a famous photographer now.

But... how did you take a picture... of your camera...?

Sarah Kate said...

Dahlin,
I got skills you ain't NEVA seen!