Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dear Metro Nashville Police Department,

Please leave me alone.

I understand your concern about my driving habits. I realize that it is harder to stop when one is driving fast or above the speed limit. I understand the dangers and hazards of multitasking at the wheel. In fact, just last week I finished driving school online. I am familiar with all of the rules, regulations and high standards that a driver in these United States is expected to follow.

However, do you have ANY idea how much time I save every year by speeding? How much more I can get done in a day?

I am merely trying to save the world and slowing my car means slowing that process and really, what's more important here?

So here's my plea: All I'm asking is for a blind eye, a turned head, a disabled radar. I assure you there are worse crimes being committed. You too can do your part in saving the world oh great Police Department. Just think of the lives that can be saved; robberies that could be prevented and murderers stopped dead in their tracks. Just think of all the good YOU could do.

So, when you see me in my black Honda Civic please don't interrupt me. Saving the world is a full time job.

Thank You,
Sarah

No comments: