Monday, November 26, 2007

Dear Santa Claus...

I think I may need a GPS.

For many years I have considered myself to be fairly geographically inclined. I can usually find my way around and know more or less where I have come from and where I need to go. So, I ask, how is it that I made it to Goodlettsville TWICE today without trying?

Goodlettsville is a suburb of Nashville to the North and while trying to travel from North Nashville to East Nashville, somehow I ended up in another county. TWICE.

I have lived in the Nashville area for 13 years and can make it from Franklin to Nashville on I-65 with my eyes closed. Well, at least I think I could, I've never really tried. However, the second I veer off of 65 onto 40, 440, or 24 I have no idea what's going on. In fact, for a few years while in college, I would have to call my good friend Sara (who had lived in Nashville for considerably less time) and ask her how to get to the airport. And yes, I had to call her EVERY time.

This is not something I understand. I have always thought I knew what was going on regarding directions and arriving to point B from point A but at some point that information left me...Probably with the part of my brain that remembers names...but I digress.

So, here is my Grown up Christmas List:
A GPS - so I can successfully drive to my clients' houses

And, well, while we're at it, I'd like a new camera, clothes, Money, maintenance on my car, a massage, and a new pair of brown boots.
Sincerely,
Sarah Katherine Lindsey
P.S. I'm ALWAYS good.

1 comment:

hootenannie said...

Aaaah. Your Grown-Up Christmas List. Sing it, Amy. Sing it.

Maybe after I move to Nashville, you can call ME for directions! I have a keen sense of direction, you know. :)