Monday, November 19, 2007

Archives #3 - Yay! I saved for college at...

Monday, July 24, 2006
Yay! I saved for college at...
Current mood: Apparently drunk

I am enrolled in a program called Upromise which allows me to "Save for college with my every day purchases!" Since I have graduated college I am no longer saving for it but paying it back, penny by penny. This program is good in theory but apparently I don't shop at the right places because every time I get one of those monthly statements it ALWAYS says that I have saved $0 for college and I should spend more money at their sponsored stores. Honestly, that's way too much work for me and I'd rather just spend money where I usually spend money and see what happens.
Out of all of the emails I have received from them I have only received two that say that I have actually saved for college. They come in bright lettering and lots of exclamation points to say: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SAVED FOR COLLEGE AT... The anticipation nearly kills me as I open the email to see what kind of purchase I made that contributed to saving for college. Was it Kroger? Target? Was it because I bought a book that will better my life?
Oh no, the two that I have received have not been from Kroger or Target or some intellectual bookstore but McCreary's Irish Pub and Jackson's Bar and Bistro. Apparently my drinking is really helping me out on those college savings...All $2.20 of it.

No comments: