Monday, November 19, 2007

Archives #5 - TMI

This is from my days working as a Social Worker in a Medical Clinic.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

TMI Current mood: Ewwww
Working in a medical clinic has it's perks...like free Advil and medical advice. However, working in a medical clinic means that people automatically think you know what to tell them about their problem...or that you care. Granted, if I had been to any amount of medical school then I would possibly be qualified to tell someone how much medicine to take or what to do about that growth but I have not even set foot in a school where they teach you that kind of stuff. I'm a social worker. I don't even know what to do about the cold I've had for 4 days.
My absolute favorite is when people decide that I need to know about their weird growth or sexual dysfunction. Yeah, I don't want to know nor do I need to know....not for your benefit OR MINE. Yesterday I had a patient/volunteer tell me about his erectile dysfunction as if I could do anything about it. Another time a patient told me that "She has just lost all Sex-ual desire."
These are things that the average human being does not need to know about you. In fact, the only time I can think that I would need to know that is if we had shared wedding vows and a bed.
So, take 2 Advil, call me in the morning, and hold the details.

No comments: