Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's all about the Benjamins...baby

I received an email today that allowed me to determine how "rich" I am as compared to the rest of the world. I will admit. I'm pretty fortunate. I sleep in a fantastic bed with nice sheets, take hot showers and sometimes straighten my hair with an $80 hair straightener (which could have bought 3 first aid kits for the country of Haiti). I eat balanced meals and drive my very own car. I even have nice jewelry and a cd collection along with an ipod and laptop. Now, I'm no Bill Gates but I have been extremely blessed.
According to the site, at my former income (when I had one of those job things), which was below $30K (I'm a social worker, ok!), these were the results:

I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 482,298,851 richest person on earth!



How rich are you? >>


I am in the top 8% richest in the world.

Yes, it does really put things into perspective.

So, how rich are YOU?

More importantly, how are you going to use it?

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

Ooooh. This totally puts things in perspective. Like, the amount of money that I choose to spend on rent, simply because I feel like living alone? Or how much I spend on jeans? Or the fact that I buy bottles of wine, just to have some "on hand"? In case I want it?

Sarah Kate said...

Or maybe the fact that I bought an $80 coat yesterday (my 2nd coat purchase in a month) which probably puts my "coat count" up to 25 or so and there are lots of cold people in the world.