Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why You Should Invite Me to Parties...

Especially the classy ones.

A few weeks ago on a Wednesday my friend Stephen called and asked if I had plans that Saturday night. He managed to get tickets to the Brentwood Gala, a black-tie fancy party to benefit Williamson County Schools. Being a graduate of Williamson County Schools I knew I had to go and support my alma mater.

Ok, so that last sentence is a lie. I went for the free food and booze.
Oh, and I got to wear a fancy dress.
In fact, the only thing I contributed the entire night was some pretty sweet dance moves on the dance floor. To say that was minimal is an extreme understatement. Read it again, you'll get it.

Actually, about mid-way through dinner I realized why Stephen chose me to go with him. When I presented my hypothesis he couldn't deny the fact that: He only brought me there for my rhythm, crass humor and love for free wine.

I think he got his free ticket's worth.
So, thanks to the beauty of digital cameras you can see for yourself how the evening went.


We started out all classy-like.

As you can see, Stephen is growing out his beard for Whiskerino.

After the dinner and auction the party moved to the dance floor.
Where the classiness ended. Abruptly. Sometime after this:
Don't worry, I still got some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

The party face came...

So did the lady with the red feather boa AND the lady with HUGE flowers on her shoulders.

Thankfully the lady with the boa shared...

Da Booty came.

And I was thankful I shaved my armpits.

There was a little Line-dancin'

And a lot of Shoutin' going on.

A new dance move was introduced...
Window Shopping.

We want YOU on the dance floor.


The night ended a little something like this:


But not without the party favors!

Thanks for the fun party, Stephen!

2 comments:

Weisman said...

This blog makes me REALLY LIKE YOU A LOT!!

Anonymous said...

Haha...I was doing some research on my blog and found this. I am glad you had a good time. I dont think I will find a better dancer for this years gala. Your comapny and dancin will be missed. Best Wishes again on the engagement.